A Ministering and Witnessing Church
Passage: Acts 2:42–2:47
"The Spirit-Led Church Pt. 4: A Ministering and Witnessing Church"
September 29, 2013 The Rt. Rev. Dr. Foley Beach
What is the Church supposed to be about?
_________ Focus - They worshipped together
_________ Focus - They discipled and share fellowship
_________ Focus - They ministered and witnessed to the Lord
They ministered as they witnessed and they witnessed as they ministered.
Acts 3 ____________________________________________
Acts 4 ____________________________________________
Acts 5 ____________________________________________
Acts 6 ____________________________________________
At Holy Cross we do everything we do to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
How do you witness?
The best way - just tell your gospel story - how you came to know the Lord; what he has done in your life.
1 Peter 3:15 - In your hearts honor CHrist the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.
1. Keep __________ as Your LORD.
2. Be ___________ - know how you would tell your Gospel story.
a. Important points to keep in mind: The Roman Road
Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:1, Romans 10:9
3. Assumes you have "hope" within you.
4. Tell your Gospel story with _______________.
5. Tell your Gospel story with _______________.
1. It is the _________ __________ - not ours - the Lord added to their number
2. Those who were added were "saved."
John Stott - He did not add people to the church without saving them, nor save them without adding them to the church. Salvation and church membership go together.
3. This happens ______________!