Daughters of The
Upper Room Chapter
The Order of the Daughters of the Holy Cross is an Order of women in our denomination, the Anglican Church in North America. The Daughters is composed of women who have committed their lives to the work and service of our Lord Jesus Christ. We pray daily for our church, our clergy, the Order and others in need. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we reach out to those who do not know Jesus and share His message of salvation through word and deed. We equip ourselves with the powerful sword of truth as contained in the Holy Bible. We wear our cross as a symbol of Jesus’ sacrifice and our need for Him to be in our daily lives, and we become encouraged and strengthened in community with our sisters. The Order provides a community in which you can fulfill a lifetime vow to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The Order's four-fold vow consists of Prayer, Service, Study and Evangelism. We expect and assist each member to earnestly develop and practice each of these areas. We welcome all Anglican women and appreciate your interest in the Order of the Daughters of the Holy Cross.
To gather Anglican women and girls into a nurturing and empowering community to serve our Lord Jesus Christ as He unites and builds up His Body, the Church.
Prayer of the Order
O gracious and Holy Father, that thy Son may be glorified, give thy Daughters wisdom to perceive thee, intelligence to understand thee, diligence to seek thee, patience to wait for thee, eyes to behold thee, a heart to meditate upon thee, and a life to proclaim thee; by the power of the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Amen.
Faith Statement of the Order
We believe and confess Jesus Christ to be the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Him. Therefore, The Order of the Daughters of the Holy Cross identifies the following four elements as essential for membership:
- We confess the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, containing all things necessary for salvation, and to be the final authority and unchangeable standard for Christian faith.
- We confess Baptism and the Holy Eucharist to be Sacraments ordained by Christ Himself in the Gospel, and thus to be ministered with unfailing use of His words of institution and of the elements ordained by Him.
- We confess as proved by most certain warrants of Holy Scripture the historic faith of the undivided church as declared in the three Catholic Creeds; the Apostles, the Nicene and the Athanasian.
- We confess that the Holy Orders of Bishops, Priest and Deacons have been entrusted with safe-guarding the Church and the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.
Our Chapter of the Daughters of the Holy Cross is called the Upper Room Chapter and meets before ACW (Anglican Church Women), at 9:00am, on the third Saturday of the month. If you are interested in learning more, you are welcome to attend -- our meetings are open to all Anglican women.
We do not meet every month, so you should consult the Church Calendar or call the Church Office to confirm meeting dates.
For more information, please see the following links below:
- The Study Manual is available HERE.
- A PDF of the DOHC Handbook is available HERE.
- The home page for the Daughters may be found HERE.
- Or email email@example.com for more information.